Wild Turkeys

Deborah Ann, you tell that man if he kills another one of these don't bring it here.  That goes for that boy and his buddies too. They can take it to one of their mama's to fix.  This is the most aggravating thing I've ever messed with!!!  I bet I have to stew it for a week before we can even eat the thing.  I sure do wish Mama had lived long enough for us to find out how to fix a "wild turkey".  She had plucked and scalded feathers til she couldn't stand it and  I don't care how long you cook it you can't make their legs tender.  I have since learned that you skin out his breast an dispose of the rest.  They have huge breast! If you cut them into strips you can feed a family of four with just one. My now husband had brought us that turkey thinking he was doing a great thing.  He loves to turkey hunt almost as much as I like to deer hunt.  I am going to post the recipe for turkey fingers on debs farm house recipes for those of you who like to eat wild turkey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy