Winter Weather

Deborah Ann, you need to pick us up some toilet paper, milk and a loaf of bread on your way home.  They are calling for up to 8 inches of snow.  I've got us on a pot of pintos, and I already got corn bread and biscuits made.  Oh, I almost forgot, get us a dozen eggs and we'll make a cake and some tea cakes just in case the power goes out.  Even though she is no longer here physically, everyday I am in some way reminded of my mom.  Any time they were calling for bad weather in the winter she would get us ready for the power to be out.  We always kept kerosene for the lamps, candles and we had a wood heater and a wood cook stove.  We always bought a load of firewood after Thanksgiving.  Since we lived here in the south, the world stops with a snowflake.  One the road where we lived when it started snowing you were just home.  We had a walnut tree out close to the road and more than one car was wrenched  out of the ditch using that tree.  We sat at the kitchen table and watched the snow fall more than once.  I sure do miss her!!  Thank you for stopping by my blog and stay warm!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy