Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Monday, January 3, 2011
You Got Me
It had been a long day at work, so I wasn't paying as much attention as I walked to the back door. Suddenly arms wrapped around me and a voice said I got you! I said are you sure you got me? The teenage voice said, "yeah mama, I got you"! I laughed and tossed him over my shoulder!! During my oldest son's teenage years we were knee deep in the martial arts. Trying to get me in a hold I couldn't get out of became a serious past time for him and one of his best friends. As they grew up it got harder and harder for me to escape! Now that they are grown I would have to really hurt them to get away. They have grown into two really fine men. I got to thinking about this today as my son and I were talking about my grandson that lives with him and his wife. His wife is a tiny little thing but she loves to wrestle with my grandson and they started the New Year with her making this 14 year old tap out. I told my son to warn her that as he gets older he will get stronger and she will have to learn some more holds. She is a very special woman, she loves my son and his daughter and she opened her home and heart to a young man who really needed a home and someone to really love him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment