Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Count to Ten in Japanese
How many four year old children can count to ten in three languages? Children are amazing! I've been involved in the martial arts for years, and the style we studied was from Japan. One of my students wife and children would sit and watch as we did class. I had no idea how much attention this little girl was giving us. One Sunday afternoon we were doing an extra class at my son's skating rink. My daughter took the little girl and they were skating while we were working out. We always counted our punches in Japanese. We started to count and she would say the next number! She was so cute!!! Then along comes my oldest son's daughter and Dora the Explorer! Before she was five she could tell you hello, goodbye, thank you and count to ten in three languages! She is such a smart little girl. My other little girl isn't so little anymore, she is in college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment