Frozen Pipes

 I can not imagine the kind of cold that the folks up north and out to the west have been having.  I would not know where to begin to weatherize a home for those kind of temperatures.  The first year after my divorce, I wasn't smart enough to winterize the house and wound up with frozen pipes!  Oh my, what a challenge!!  I didn't have the money for a plumber, so underneath the house I went.  I enlisted the help of my oldest son who was all of twelve.  I have a bit of a problem with tight spaces and not only did he hand me tools and pipes, but he kept me talking so I wouldn't be scared.  Gosh it was so cold and if I close my eyes I can see us skinning up under there.  Thankfully we got it right on the first try!  I then went and bought a roll of plastic and closed off all the places that air could get under the house.  Have you ever hit your thumb with a hammer when it's 15 degrees.  Hurts like a son of a gun!!  Needless to say  I never waited til the middle of winter to put up plastic and make our old house a warmer place to be.  Thank you all for stopping by my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy