Mama's Biker Boys

It was a crisp sunny January morning, and James called up his buddy DeWayne (aka Hollywood) and told him some of the guys wanted to ride over to Huntsville, and while they were over that way they could swing by and see Granny.  As they walked up to the door Hollywood said, "I sure am glad you told me to bring the leather otherwise we'd be freezing"! I know that's right!  James punched in the code to the Nursing Homes keypad, DeWayne said "I like that," they can control who's going in and out. As they walked down the hall dressed in leather from the do rags on their heads to the boots on their feet, one of the nurses started to follow them.  Mama was having one of those days where she didn't recognize us but when those boys walked in the room, her blue eyes started twinkled like stars! The nurse walked in and said, "Ms. Sparks, you know these guys"?  Mama smiled and said, "these are my biker boys, that one is James and that's Hollywood'!  They stayed and talked to her for a while then I walked them out to their bikes and when I went back to her room my sister said that mama had heard the bikes crank up and told her shh so she could hear them leave.  That was the last time that Hollywood got to see "Granny" before she died.  We all love her and miss her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy