Security Blanket

Everyone has their own kind of security blanket.  Lots of kids hang on to their favorite blanket or stuffed animal. When I finally got enough courage to leave an abusive marriage the kids and I really struggled to hang on.  My oldest son had asthma and he and one of his friends tried to convince me for months to let him take a martial arts class.  They used the reasoning that it would be good for his breathing.  I finally gave in and went and talked to the instructor said it would be good for him and he would keep an eye on him.  Because of the distance I would sit and watch the class and decided I would like to give it a try. I ask my son if it would embarrass him if I started taking class with him.  He said he would really like it if I did.  To make a long story short not only did I love the class, I became obsessed with it!!  Between my faith in God and the martial arts I was able to get through more trials and tribulations than you can imagine.  So I guess you can say that the martial arts are my security blanket.  Thank you for stopping by my blog!  What's your security blanket??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy