Snow On The Bed

I was talking to a friend of mine who came to our house a lot when we were growing up.  She said she had been reading some of the recipes on my recipe blog and the one about chocolate gravy brought back some memories for her.  She remembered coming to our house one winter and mama had made vegetable soup and corn bread for super.  Their house had gas heat and we still heated with wood and she remembered how cold the old house was and how good the hot soup made her feel.  She remembered that the cover on the bed was so heavy she could barely turn over.  The next morning mama made chocolate gravy for breakfast.  I remembered the night she was talking about the very next night it snowed.  You may not believe this but the snow was coming through a crack in the ceiling.  My mom had some old newspaper and she put them on the bed and then put another quilt over the paper to hold it down. My sister and I slept in that bed and when we woke up, that part of the bed was covered with snow.  I remember not wanting to get out of that snow covered bed because the room was so cold! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy