Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Bee Balm
Bee Balm is a plant from the mint family. My mom bought some years ago and got it started in our back yard for the humming birds and butterflies. As it multiplied she shared it with family and friends. I moved from the home place after she passed away and other folks went in a dug up most all the flowers. Thankfully my sister has a spot with both colors and she shared some with me a few years back. It is an evasive plant. It spreads by it's root system. It gets about three foot tall and after it blooms it gets top heavy. So that ours doesn't fall over this year my husband helped me put up a fence around it. It is a beautiful plant and easy to grow. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Have a blessed day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...

No comments:
Post a Comment