Bummer!!

I am an avid hunter, and pretty good marksman, so I was shocked when I "MISSED" a feral hog this afternoon.  In this part of Georgia the feral hog population is getting out of control.  We live about a mile off the main highway and a couple of years ago we had to put a fence up around the house to keep them from ruining the yard.  We plant food plots for the deer and other wildlife, but the hogs root them up.  The fields look like you have been through them with a turning plow.   It will be a full moon tonight so I decided  to sit in a stand until the wee hours of the morning.   I had gotten settled in and was watching a couple of turkeys when a hog came out at the lower end of the field.  He had no idea that I was there, I was not in a hurry, I took aim and fired.  He squealed and ran.  The squeal was a good sign that he was hit, or at least I thought it was!  We searched for a while but could not find any type of a blood trail.  Pop said I must have gotten close enough to scare him.  Dang I already had him quartered and in the smoker!  I'll get him next time!!!!   Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy