Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Driving
Have you ever heard Alan Jackson's song, "When Daddy Let Me Drive". If not it's a song about learning to drive and his dad coaching him along. I can really relate to that song and I'm sure if you thought about it you would have some fond memories as well. I used to ride on the tractor with my dad all the time and when I could reach the peddles he started teaching me to drive. When we were in the truck he would tell me that the closer I could stay to the white line and not get off the road the straighter I could plow the field. To this day I still hug that white line. One time we were going through this town that had sewer drains that started right on the white line and I kept hitting the bump, he looked over at me and said, "you gonna have to move over some you're killing me!" We both laughed and I moved over just a little. My mom wouldn't drive on the road but she could drive all over the field. When I first started driving and we were about to get to a bridge she would say, "now don't you run off that bridge!" Then when we would go over it she would say, " I told you not to run off that bridge." Another of their favorites was don't run over that snake in the road. They were referring to the road sign that warns of curves in the road. Fond memories of days gone by, I hope that my kids have some of me teaching them to drive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment