Driving

Have you ever heard Alan Jackson's song, "When Daddy Let Me Drive".  If not it's a song about learning to drive and his dad coaching him along.  I can really relate to that song and I'm sure if you thought about it you would have some fond memories as well.  I used to ride on the tractor with my dad all the time and when I could reach the peddles he started teaching me to drive.  When we were in the truck he would tell me that the closer I could stay to the white line and not get off the road the straighter I could plow the field.  To this day I still hug that white line.  One time we were going through this town that had sewer drains that started right on the white line and I kept hitting the bump, he looked over at me and said, "you gonna have to move over some you're killing me!"  We both laughed and I moved over just a little.  My mom wouldn't drive on the road but she could drive all over the field.  When I first started driving and we were about to get to a bridge she would say, "now don't you run off that bridge!"  Then when we would go over it she would say, " I told you not to run off that bridge."  Another of their favorites was don't run over that snake in the road.  They were referring to the road sign that warns of curves in the road.  Fond memories of days gone by, I hope that my kids have some of me teaching them to drive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy