Friends

Sharing and evening sitting on the porch with friends is one of the pleasures of life.  It's part of what I love to do and to write about.  When I was growing up I think every porch had a swing on it.  I can remember mama planting morning glories and running them up strings to block the afternoon sun.  The porch was where the first and last cup of coffee was drank.  It was where beans were broke and potatoes were peeled.  A place where guitars were played, and prayers were prayed.  This country needs more front porches!  Pop and I spent a wonderful evenings sitting on there front porch.  There is a pond in front of their cabin and we watched the ducks and a few Canadian Geese landed just before dark.  They have this neat outdoor fireplace, so my friend and I sat in front of the fire and enjoyed a glass of wine before we had pizza.  Then we had coffee and pie.  We talked about our grandchildren, our children and just plain girl talk.  It was a great evening!!  Now to top it off I am sharing it with you!  Thanks for reading my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy