Native Azalea

The first time I saw this flowering bush it was blooming on the property that my Mom had bought us.  My dad had passed away and she bought the property next door to her for me and my family.  When we saw this beautiful bush my mom said she would like to dig it up and take it up to the house.  So my sister and I started the process.  What a job it turned out to be! We dug and we dug, we wound up getting the tractor and finished by pulling it up.  We cut it in half and my sister took part of it to her place and I planted the other half at our house.  My Mom called it a tame honeysuckle.  After I moved to Middle Georgia, I went back to the old home place and dug up some sprouts and got them started here.  A friend said she thought it was a Native Azalea. She sent me a link to a web site that has pictures of a lot of the different Native species, http://www.earlsommerville.com/  .  According to the pictures this is a Native Azalea.  I have this one and a different native species.  I'll probably still call it Mama's honeysuckle bush, just because that's what she called it.  Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy