Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Ask Yourself
What does the word family mean to you? Is there anything more important in your life than family? I was raised that family was everything. It wasn't that many years ago that almost everyone was brought up that way. We took care of our family. There wasn't any welfare or food stamps or unemployment checks. If you lost your job either your family or your church pitched in and helped you out until you got on your feet. If your house burned or got blown away your family and neighbors came in and helped you rebuild. Yeah, they came to help you not steal from you. It hurts my heart to know, that not only have the people of the south been devastated by storms, but people are stealing what they have left. These families have lost everything including lives of their loved ones and it truly makes me miss my family even more. Please pray for everyone who has been effected by these storms. Who knows we could stand in their shoes before you know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment