First Impressions

I know that you aren't suppose to judge people on your first impression, but we all do. Now let me tell you a story.  Years back when I was a martial arts instructor our organization made some changes.  We put on this big tournament so that all of us in Alabama could meet the founder of the organization we were going to join.  My class and I went to take part in said tournament.  There was a big dinner and Black Belt meeting planned the evening before the tournament. Being the conservative woman that I am I had planned on wearing the business outfit that I had worn to work.  I was sharing a room with one of the Mom's her two children and another teenager that we had brought with us.  The mother tried to talk me into wearing a mini skirt!  I said NO!  Then her son says, "Ms. Deb you ask us to do some of the hardest things ever, it's just a skirt, how hard is that?"  Yeah, okay,  I wore the skirt.  I was embarrassed, mother of three, over thirty in a mini skirt!  One of the fellows that I sparred with all the time walks by, does a double take and says %^& you got legs!!!  What have I been kicking you with?  I know, but you got LEGS!!!!  I got a lot of crap like that all night! Needless to say I made a lasting impression with the skirt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships

Mama my inhaler is empty!!

Someplace New