Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Hot and Dry
Gosh we could use some rain! We have not had any rain here in over 45 days! Thankfully we have a good well. We have been watering the grass and the flowers to keep them alive. It is not usually this hot during May. My heart goes out to the farmers who do not have irrigation. Our neighbors who do have irrigation are having to wet their fields just so they can plant. The cost of groceries are going to sky rocket due to all of the things that are happening across this country. There is a large amount of farmland in California that can't be farmed because of a minnow. Farm land has been flooded to save big towns and several states are in a drought. Then add inflation and you have a mix for high prices and shortages. I'm glad I buy and freeze for a rainy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment