Ice cream!!

There is nothing better on a hot day than some of Mama's homemade ice cream.  I can remember when I was little, lol even when I got big, fussing with my sister as to who was going to sit on the bucket and who was going to turn.  See back in the day, you had to hand crank the ice cream freezer!  Mama would save ice for days and then she would mix up the milk and we would put the churn on the back porch.  Throw a towel over the top so one of us kids could sit on it.  That helps to hold the bucket still until the cream is frozen.  My sister and I would take turns turning til it got thick and hard to turn.  Then Daddy would take over, he was the man!! My Daddy was the best ever and it's to bad that there aren't many like him anymore.  If I close my eyes and lick my lips, I swear I can taste the sweet vanilla flavor that we all loved so well.  Yummy, yummy wish I had some in my tummy!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy