Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Mother Nature
Our area is a dust bowl!!! We haven't had rain in over a month. If it would do any good and I knew the right steps, I'd do a rain dance. It is hard to believe that not to far from us that they have had lots of storms and tornadoes. It is so sad to see the devastation. I sit her and pray for God to send us a little rain not just for my flowers but for the farmers. Crops won't grow in dust. Yet north of here they are planning on blowing a levee in order to save a town. My heart goes out to the town, but in doing so they will flood 130,000 acres of farm land as well as several homes. So we sacrifice for the greater good, or are we. Where will we get the food that is produced on that farmland? Guess we'll just import it from a China. Between inflation, gas prices, and Mother Nature groceries are going to be outrageous! Anyone who can plant a small garden and can or freeze food best be getting ready or else be hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
I just want to say Merry Christmas to all those who stop by my blog. Today has been a great day filled with love, laughter, food and most o...
No comments:
Post a Comment