Traveling with Kids

Have Mercy!!  My son and I were talking about traveling with kids today.  Today you have ipads, iPhone, DVD, and all kinds of gadgets.  No such thing when my kids were growing up!  We had an old '72 Nova, and all three kids had to ride in the back seat.  All you heard was he touched me, tell her to sit on her side, oh my word.  They would get to fussing and I would turn the radio up.  I put all the sound in the back, the louder they got the louder the music got!  In a few minutes they were turn the music down.  When you stop the fussing!  The car also came equipped with a switch, and a book.  Sometimes I would pull the car over and read until they were ready to travel.  Then again, a little hickory tea seem to help move things along.  My oh my how did we survive.  That's real simple, respect and discipline. That's something the world needs more than gadgets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy