Country Sunday Morning

What a wonderful day this has started out to be.  Surrounded by family and friends a big country style breakfast what a way to start the day.  It was on mornings like this that my dad would have said, " I want fried chicken for breakfast."  Then the game begins!  He would tell me lets go get us one, and here we would go to the chicken lot.  He would squat down and I would get between his legs and the selection would begin.  He would point at one and we would look him over,  maybe he would be too skinny, or to old, and we would repeat this process until the right one was found.  Then back to the house where mama would be waiting. In what seemed to be no time at all we were having fried chicken, biscuits, and gravy.  My mom could make the best biscuits ever.  Have a blessed day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy