Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Father's Day
I hope everyone has a happy Father's Day. I always sent my Dad a card and I didn't realise that my Mom had kept most all of them! So today as a Father's Day gift to my son I am going to give him all the cards she saved with his name on them to go in his scrap book. He was born in May and we got a card for him to give his grandpaw, and it was in the ones she saved. As he grew up he got to spend a lot of time with my mom and dad, he was my daddy little shadow. I really think he will love the cards. My Dad passed away when James was six, but he still remembers lots of things they did, like sitting in his lap and eating sardines and riding on the tractor. Make some memories with your kids and grandkids today it could be your last chance, God doesn't promise us a tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment