Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Final Stage of Painting A Car
The final stage of painting a car is the clear coat. That's where we are on the oldest son's car. He has a Saturn and we have taken it from part to pieces! We put together an outdoor paint booth and fixed up a hanger to hang the parts on. Then my son fixed a place inside the shop to hang the pieces to dry. I guess you might say we put together a country boy's paint shop. Then this afternoon he shot the paint on the body of the car. He has the doors, hood, and trunk lid clear coated. We didn't want bugs to get in the clear coat on the body so we are waiting til in the morning to do that. It's been a long day but the car looks so good!! As soon as we get some of the pictures on the computer I'll post a few. He painted it an electric blue with metal flake and it's awesome. My grandson has sanded until the ends of his fingers are raw, but he is as proud of the way the car is looking as my son is. I'm so glad that I was here to be a part of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
No comments:
Post a Comment