Final Stage of Painting A Car

The final stage of painting a car is the clear coat.  That's where we are on the oldest son's car.  He has a Saturn and we have taken it from part to pieces!  We put together an outdoor paint booth and fixed up a hanger to hang the parts on.  Then my son fixed a place inside the shop to hang the pieces to dry.  I guess you might say we put together a country boy's paint shop.  Then this afternoon he shot the paint on the body of the car.  He has the doors, hood, and trunk lid clear coated.  We didn't want bugs to get in the clear coat on the body so we are waiting til in the morning to do that.  It's been a long day but the car looks so good!!  As soon as we get some of the pictures on the computer I'll post a few.  He painted it an electric blue with metal flake and it's awesome.  My grandson has sanded until the ends of his fingers are raw, but he is as proud of the way the car is looking as my son is.  I'm so glad that I was here to be a part of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy