Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Yard Work
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shrubs and trimming trees. Every time I look our in the yard I can see the flowers she gave me and I am sure that she would be proud of the way the yard looks. She loved to put rocks around everything. She said it was to keep us from whacking down her plants! She belonged to the flower of the month club and she got lots of cool plants. My sister lives at mama and daddy's old home place, so when we get ready for some new plants we go out and raid her place. It is so dry right now that we are having to water everything in order to keep it alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
One evening an old Cherokee Chef told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, ' My son, the battle is betwe...
No comments:
Post a Comment