First Tournament As A Lady Black Belt

As we lined up to spar I was wondering why all the women kept shifting.  Then I realized what had happened!  There I stood all 5' 5'' of me next to an Amazon of a Black Lady!  I got lucky and didn't have to fight with her the first round, but when it came down to the top two spots, we were paired up.  All I could think about was keeping her off my head!!!  Needless to say she won!  It was close though, she only got me by one point.  She said I was like a little bulldog, the more she pushed me off the more I charged back.  Her name was Kate and we both gained a lot of respect for each other that day.

However, the next day I was bruised from the end of my right pinky finger, to my elbow.  The guys at work teased me a lot, but I told them it was better for my arm to be bruised than my face.  I used to love competing in tournaments even though there were times when I was the only Black Belt Lady there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy