Grandkids

Grandkids are special in so many ways.  I can remember how much my Mom and Dad loved all their grandchildren.  They tried not to show favorites with any of them, yet because I lived the closest my oldest son got to stay with them more, and do more things with them.  My parents weren't wealthy so little things like riding the lawn mower or tractor with my dad was special.  When he was small he had a dump truck that he pushed everywhere!  So when my folks planted the garden my dad would make the row, my mom would plant the seeds and they would let him mash the seeds in the ground with his dump truck, then daddy would cover them up.  I find it amazing that my son still remembers doing that after all these years.  My son and I were talking about my grandson the other day and I ask him what did he think his Granny would have done had it been him on the phone half the night, he laughed and said, she would have told me not to do it again and we just won't tell your mom.  Yep, I think I got left out of the loop a lot!  It was worth it!  My kids have memories of my Mom and Dad that can't be taken from them and can bring a smile when recalled.

Thank you all for stopping by my blog, have a blessed day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy