Women and Broke Down Cars

Why is it that when a man see's a woman with her car broke down he automatically thinks he knows everything!  My dad wouldn't even let me drive a car until I learned how to change the tire, and to check the oil and water.  One of my ex-husbands was a pretty good mechanic and I learned a lot from him.  I remember not long after he and I divorced, my car needed a water pump, I new what was wrong with it.  I couldn't afford a new one so I bought one out of a junk yard, I didn't have any tools so I had to pay a mechanic to put it on.  He says are you sure that's what's wrong with it.  Then he charges me more than what I paid for the pump just to put it on.  Same car about a year later had a voltage regulator problem.  I had men telling me all kind of stuff was wrong with the car.  When I got the money I bought what I needed and fixed it myself.  I don't know as much about fuel injected cars as I do the old school cars, but some things never change.  I don't care what you have unless it's electric it needs three things to run, fuel, fire and compression.  If you are missing any of those components you aren't going anywhere.   So gentlemen please when you approach a woman with car trouble, do the same thing the young man did yesterday, help her push the car out of the road, see if she needs to use your cell phone, and offer to get help if she wants you to.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy