Go To Your Room

Shortly after I divorced my youngest son's dad, my Mom moved in with us.  Gosh, I don't know how I would have made it without her.  The old house that we lived in was an ongoing project, there was always something that needed repaired.  In order to make room for all of us we changed my laundry room into my oldest a bed room.  It wound up needing more work than we first thought!!  We wound up having to replace all the floor joist and put down a new floor.  My Mom was amazing!!  While I was at work she taught my oldest son how to read a tape measure, use a saw and the two of them put up the ceiling tile and everything.  She built him a wrap around desk complete with drawers and a false hiding place for his cool stuff.  She took broken karate boards and wooden dowels and made him shelves for his model cars.  The finishing touch was the door!  On the outside it looked like a door on the inside it was covered with paneling in a way that it would open yet be camouflaged.  When it was finished and all his stuff inside,  I told him in a mean voice...GO TO YOUR ROOM!!  We all laughed and I told him that I had been waiting for weeks to tell him that.  My son told my grandson the other day that he wouldn't be able to do half the stuff he does, had not paid attention to his Granny.  There are days that I miss my Mom really bad!

I hope you all have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy