As I was driving down the road today I was reminded of my Dad teaching me to drive. I learned to drive in a 1957 Ford Fairlane, three on the tree. Just in case you don't know what that means, it was a three speed on the column. My Dad said if I would learn to drive a manual shift, that I could drive anything I wanted to. He was right! I taught all my children to drive a stick shift. Although I thought my daughter would kill us before she got the hang of it. She had this bad habit of looking down at the shifter and pulling the steering wheel to the left, into traffic!! Oh Yeah, we had some scary moments!! It was worth it, all three of them can get in any kind of vehicle and go. My Dad was a very special man, and I was certainly my Daddy's girl. I miss him a lot, he would be so proud of my oldest son. Those two were thicker than thieves before my Dad passed away.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a blessed day.
Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment