Chestnuts

Years ago a disease killed most of the chestnut trees across the country.  I was amazed to see that my son has three of them in his yard that produces nuts.  Yesterday my grandson brought some in that the squirrels had hulled out of their prickly home.  Then today as I walked by I wondered how hard it would be to get those nuts out.  As I picked some of them up I remembered the story my mom used to tell about going barefooted. She said that she hated shoes and that in the summer her feet would get so tough that she could walk on chestnut hulls and not get stuck.  That would be some tough feet!!!

I decided to get my leather gloves and see how hard they would be to separate.  The fresh ones were really not that hard, and the nuts are very good.  I showed my grandson how to hull them when he came home from football practice.

Have a blessed day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy