Daddy the car won't start! What's wrong with it? I don't know, it just won't start! Daddy please, I'm gonna be late for school. Okay, lets go see what we got. Daddy gets in the car and it starts first try! I can't believe that!!! I have been out it 15 minutes, I thought I was gonna kill the battery. Then he says those magic words, that applied to anything that wasn't working right, "you weren't holding your mouth right!". Guess not, I gotta go. Don't you drive fast to make up time, have the school call if you're late. Yes sir, thank you daddy, I love you.
Holding your mouth right, can apply to anything. If he caught more fish than me, I wasn't holding my mouth right. If I didn't hit something hard enough, I wasn't holding my mouth right. I wonder if that also applies to why this computer does crazy things sometimes? I loved and still love my daddy. He passed away over thirty years ago but sometimes it seems like only yesterday that he and I were laughing and giving each other a hard time about something. I sure do miss my folks! If you are lucky enough to still have your parents, give them a call and tell them you love them, cause they don't have cell phones in heaven.
Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment