Holding Your Mouth Right

Daddy the car won't start!  What's wrong with it? I don't know, it just won't start! Daddy please, I'm gonna be late for school.  Okay, lets go see what we got. Daddy gets in the car and it starts first try!  I can't believe that!!!  I have been out it 15 minutes, I thought I was gonna kill the battery.  Then he says those magic words, that applied to anything that wasn't working right, "you weren't holding your mouth right!".  Guess not, I gotta go. Don't you drive fast to make up time, have the school call if you're late.  Yes sir, thank you daddy, I love you.

Holding your mouth right, can apply to anything.  If he caught more fish than me, I wasn't holding my mouth right.  If I didn't hit something hard enough, I wasn't holding my mouth right.  I wonder if that also applies to why this computer does crazy things sometimes?  I loved and still love my daddy. He passed away over thirty years ago but sometimes it seems like only yesterday that he and I were laughing and giving each other a hard time about something.  I sure do miss my folks!  If you are lucky enough to still have your parents, give them a call and tell them you love them, cause they don't have cell phones in heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy