Watching It Rain

I love to watch it rain!  We really needed the rain.  It doesn't matter what the weather is someone is going to complain.  My son's yard has been a beautiful green all summer long and his plants were doing wonderful, then we hit a dry spell.  All of the plants were starting to get stressed and the grass was turning brown in places.  I for one was glad to see the rain.  I love to hear it on the metal roof, and see the flowers and grass start coming back to life.  The ground was so dry and the rain so hard to start with that a lot of it just ran off,  then it became that slow steady rain that soaks in the ground and replenishes everything.

When I had my place out on the other Mountain we had a floor to ceiling window in our kitchen.  My Mom and I used to sit at the table for hours just watching it rain or snow.  That was where we sat to watch the birds she loved so well.  Birds eat even in the rain she would say.  I would put out the bird food and she would make our morning coffee.  You never know how much times like that mean until you no longer have them to share.  I hope your life isn't full of would have, could have and should have.  I tried really hard to make sure that when my folks passed a way that I would not have a heavy heart on the things that I could have, would have and should have done. 

Have a blessed day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy