Old Trucks

Our yard is blessed with old trucks!  One of which is a 1964 Ford. It's a neat old truck that needs some love.  It has now become the project of my fifteen year old grandson.  It didn't start out that way, my son took it on trade for some photography work, and we were going to restore it for his studio.  It needs brakes and the rear main seal replaced.  It had been sitting in the yard waiting for it's turn in the shop, and this past week the boys took the ole John Deere and pulled it around to the shop.  Since it isn't running we could only get it to the front doors of the shop before we had to wench it in.  The come-along was a great invention!!! My Mom had given my son a lot of my Dad's tools before she died and it brought back some nice memories to see my son using his Granddad's chain and some of his other tools.

Anyway, after they had gotten it in the shop and worked on it for a while, my grandson said he would really like to have the old truck instead of the car he has.  My son didn't take him to serious, until a day or so later when he told him he might have the old truck traded off.  You should have seen the look on my grandsons face. My son said, "you really want this old truck?".  D said, "I sure do!".  They talked a while and my son and his friend gave him some options, keep his Neon, (which I'm driving right now), my son's Saturn, or a 67 Chevy step side truck.  He thought about it for a while and went out and looked everything over and came back in and said he wanted the Ford.  He told my son, "I like the Saturn, but it's just not me, and I've seen several trucks like the Chevy, but I've not seen another Ford like that one, so if it's okay with you I want the Ford."  Needless to say the Ford is now a project that will keep him occupied for a while.

Have a blessed day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy