Antiques Roadshow

Guest post written by my buddy Bernardo Graham


My husband and I have direct tv, and we have really enjoyed their service over the last two years. While I do not watch television that often, one of my favorite shows is Antiques Roadshow. It is fascinating to me to watch people find out that an old family heirloom or a purchase from a garage sale is worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

Many of the trinkets or artifacts seem so commonplace to me, but they can be so very valuable. For example, I recently saw an episode where an older gentleman brought a painting he had bought at a garage sale for a very small amount of money. The painting was an original by an artist that I was not familiar with. The painting ended up being worth well over ten thousand dollars. The man was in shock, and quite honestly, so was I. Every time I watch that show I wonder if there are items in my basement that are worth some money. These are ordinary people who simply stumbled onto items of incredible value.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy