As I have written before my guys have a thing for restoring older cars and trucks. My son finally got his "71 C10 back on the road. They shot a coat of flat black primer on it to hold it over til this summer. Warmer weather brings out sanding and painting. They just finished a Chevelle for one of the guys. One of the other boys has a 70 El Camino in the shop now.
My grandson has been working on each of these vehicles right along with his Uncle and his friends. So as their birthday gift to him they are all going to help him on his truck. He has a '64 Ford. It needs a lot of love so plans are when the weather warms up enough for bringing out the grill and working outside, everyone is going to get his on the road. Right now it looks kinda pitiful! All the tires are flat and dry rotted, the rear main seal leaks and it needs brakes. He will get to see how working hard on other people stuff can pay off.
Oh by the way the only thing that my grandson wanted for Christmas was for his Aunt and Uncle to adopt him and they did. He really needs that feeling of belonging somewhere that he is truly loved.
Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment