Rainy Day

It's another rainy day here!  I love the rain and even enjoy the sights and sounds of a thunder storm.  Strong winds are what unnerve me.  So far we haven't had any really rough winds, and I am very thankful of that.  Last April this area was hit by a tornado that destroyed a lot of homes and took several lives.  I pray that those types of storms don't come this way again.

I can remember as a child whenever a storm started brewing my Mom would gather us all together in one room and that would be where we all stayed until the storm passed.  She was a wise and brave woman.  She said she wasn't afraid of the storms and up until she had her first stroke it didn't seem to matter how bad they got, she didn't seem to get worried.  Then after her stroke, the slightest little thunder storm really bothered her.  I hated that I had to work and leave her alone for eight hours. 

A neat thing about thunder storms....when you hear the first clap of thunder start counting 1...2..and so on until the next clap and that's how many miles away from you the storm is.  That info is from a young man who came back from Vietnam.  I still do that even after all these years.  Love you Babe for the good times!

Have a blessed day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy