Today is suppose to be a special day to honor the love of your life, be it puppy love or a love that's stood the test of time. As with all the other special days that we hold dear it has become so commercialized that it is no longer special. Cupid's arrow now cost you more than you can afford. I can remember when it was enough to get a single rose and a simple card but for the younger generation that simply isn't good enough!
I'm still old school...A rose is just a rose whither it be one or many if the one who brings them is not sincere.
A diamond is just a piece of coal if the one who gives it doesn't give it from the heart.
An expensive meal is only as good as the one you share it with.
Here's to true love, may it never make you blue
Remember it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment