Cow Milk

Growing up on a farm we had a ready supply of milk, eggs and veggies.  I can remember going with Mama to milk since I was little and learning to milk is not as easy as you think.  My mom could milk twice as fast as my dad.  Yes folks before big dairy farms people fed and milked their own cows. 

We moved off the farm after my dad hurt his back and drinking store bought milk was one of the hardest things to get used to.  Anytime I had the chance to come back to my sisters the first thing I did was run, not walk, to her neighbors house to get fresh milk.  Her name was Mrs. Mays and my sister would call her and tell her I was coming and she would make me cookies.  We would sit for hours and eating cookies, drinking milk, and talking about the differences between city life and living on the farm.

I haven't drank real milk in a long time!  It would be as hard to get used to drinking the real thing again as it was to drink store bought.  Times were harder and simpler then.  We have gotten away from all the things that made this country great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy