Home Place

When I left Alabama ten years ago, the finance company and I owned a home and six acres of land.  The old house wasn't much but it was mine and it was home.  My Mom and I raised my kids there with out any help from their fathers or anyone else.

It was my choice to leave to be with the man of my dreams, and it wasn't his fault that he didn't turn out to be the man who had lived in my heart and dreams for almost twenty years.  My choice cost me my home, both my trucks and all the things I had worked so hard for all my adult life.  It has been really hard starting over at my age.  Knowing that I will never have my OWN home again hurts my heart, but there is just no way for me to ever get another one paid for.

I went out by the old place yesterday and walked around the yard.  The old house has been dozed down and the flowers scattered by the dozier.  I stood and cried for a long time regretting ever leaving the place.  The folks who bought the place have been kind enough to allow me to get a scoop or two of all my flowers and clippings off the trees, so that I can get them started here at my son's.  I am very thankful to my son and his family for letting this foolish old woman live with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy