It's Not Age, It's The Mileage!

Just punch through it Deb!  I was telling myself for the third time, as the boards in front of me refused to break.  They didn't break on the third time either, my first two knuckles were bleeding and starting to swell.  My oldest, who was fifteen at the time says Mom, "let me give it a shot".  So I stepped aside and watched as he slammed them with a shuto  strike, they didn't break for him either.  We went on to finish the rest of the breaking demonstration with those boards unbroken.

When we got home my Mom just shook her head and said, "you're gonna regret not being kinder to your body."  She said, "you see these old hands and knees, I wore them out working in the field, you will find later in life that it's the mileage and the abuse you put your body through that will get you, not your age".  She was just as right about that as she was lots of other things she told us.  My oldest and I were talking aches and pains last night and he said lots of times when his knee or hands were hurting he could hear her telling him someday he would regret mistreating his body at such a young age.  I think we all mistreat our bodies in some form or fashion, so the moral of this story is, take care of your body so it will take care of you when you're older.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy