Mamma, I'm not sure that they are worth the trouble! Sure they are, you'll be the first one to open that jar of jelly. Yeah I know, but I'm itching all over, and I'll be picking briars for weeks. Ahh, you know you can't wait for this cobbler to get done so quit whining!
As the girls and I were picking blackberries yesterday all those conversations between me and Mamma came flooding back. My daughter-in-law and her friend are from the Philippines and they don't have blackberries there. My daughter-in-law has eaten my cobbler before but her friend had not. So they helped get enough yesterday to make one. It was good but it had to much juice. Humm, have to cut down on the water. They picked more today and they are going to try to get enough to make at least one batch of jelly. My son has a great berry patch behind the studio and some of the berries are as big as your thumb. My Mom would have loved to have picked them here.
Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment