Video Games

Hey Bro, I know it's late, but we just can't beat this level.  Why don't you come over and help us?  A sleepy young man says, "why not, be there in a little while". 

Twenty some odd years ago, I couldn't afford to buy game consoles or video games.  So about every two months I would rent one and some games for the weekend.  The two youngest kids were still at home and that gave them a special treat.  When ever we would get stuck on one of our favorites we would call their big brother and if he wasn't too tired he would come to our rescue.  Our favorite game at that time was Mortal Kombat.

Sometimes it seems that things will make a full circle.  A few months back my oldest grandson and his sister got out their Game Cube and the game Mortal Kombat, and had a blast with it!  They even whipped up on their Mom and Dad.(Dad being the one who used to rescue us in the middle of the night.)  My son says this just isn't right, so they get the game for X-Box 360 so that all the players are unlocked and the controllers are more like the ones on the Arcade version.  So now it is once again a family thing, I was even upstairs last night relearning how to play!  To make things even better there is a way to play it online, and sometimes my youngest son and his family get online with us and play from their house.  Just how cool is that?!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy