Flying Side Kick

Tobi Yoko Geri!!  Followed by a very loud kaia!!  Which was followed by a big splash!  Then I hear another set of feet.....Cannon Ball!!  Big splash, and the list goes on until they had run out of words and energy!  All should sleep well tonight.

As I was watching the kids and grand kids play in the pool, I couldn't help but drift back in time to the hot summer days that we spent at the lake.  My older brother had a place at a local lake with a really nice dock and since it was within reasonable driving distance the kids and I used it a lot as they were growing up.  That was were they all learned how to swim, dive and water ski.  Humm, times were hard but those were some of the best times that I can remember.

Mama didn't like the water so she would sit up on his porch and watch us.  We also did a lot of fishing off that dock!  Mama said "if you catch em and clean em, I'll cook them and some hushpuppies".  That was all the incentive we needed to go fishing.  

When you think about summer, what's your favorite memory?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy