Rock Island

My grandson, one of his friends and my son, have all worked very hard today on making an island in the yard. Several months ago one of James' friends gave him several loads of landscaping rock, and one of the things we wanted to do was go around the pampas grass and birdbath with a rock patio.  Dustin did a lot of digging to get the ground ready and today he saw his hard work pay off.  Neither my grandson nor his friend have ever laid out rock for anything like this, so I had a lot of fun teaching them how to put things together.  I told them it was just like a jigsaw puzzle and they had to look for the rock that would fit the best.  By the end of the day they were cruising along without to much help from me. When my son finished his last appointment he came out and they got it 90 percent done.  When you stand back away from it, it looks like a rock island in a sea of green.

Like I've said a million times, "you have to give every credit to those who influence you in a positive way".  So thanks Pop for teaching me how to put rock down and how to make things look like they belong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy