Factory Work

Working in an automotive factory is different from working in a sock mill in lots of ways and yet the same in other ways.  If you work production in a sock mill you are paid per dozen sock that you complete.  In an auto factory you are paid per hour to handle the parts that a robot makes.  Sometimes you are on what they term as a belt which means the parts are dropped onto and belt that brings the part to you.  Depending on the part as to the speed of the belt.  Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming!!!!  My son put it best it's not much different than running a line of knitting machines and just as soon as you get to one end and turn around every machine is lit up like a Christmas tree with something wrong with it.

I like my job for the most part, but say a little prayer!  My boss that I had before I left Alabama back in 2008, called yesterday and he has me an interview with his boss on Friday.   Hopeful I will get my old job back.  That would be fantastic!!  It's a one gal office, working for a great boss, with good pay and benefits!  Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy