It's had to believe some of the excuses people use for not coming into work. The place where I work has a very low tolerance for absenteeism or tardiness. They fired a young man last night for excessive absenteeism, why, because his ingrown toenail was hurting. I know that ingrown toenails hurt I have two of them. Some people's pain tolerance is lower than others. It hurt my heart to see him go. When he was there he was a really good worker. I'm not sure which is more unbelievable the fact that he stayed out because of his toenail, or that they let a good worker go.
I almost think it was a warning to some of the others as to just how serious this company is about being at work and being on time. We had a girl who came to work right after having a motorcycle wreck because she didn't want to lose her job.
Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment