Unbelievable

It's had to believe some of the excuses people use for not coming into work.  The place where I work has a very low tolerance for absenteeism or tardiness.  They fired a young man last night for excessive absenteeism, why, because his ingrown toenail was hurting.  I know that ingrown toenails hurt I have two of them.  Some people's pain tolerance is lower than others.  It hurt my heart to see him go.  When he was there he was a really good worker.  I'm not sure which is more unbelievable the fact that he stayed out because of his toenail, or that they let a good worker go.

I almost think it was a warning to some of the others as to just how serious this company is about being at work and being on time.  We had a girl who came to work right after having a motorcycle wreck because she didn't want to lose her job. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy