The Holidays were my Mom's favorite time of year. She would start
cooking the week before Thanksgiving and the once a year food didn't
stop until after New Years Day! There was all kinds of meats, veggies
and of course the sweet stuff!!!! Fried Apple pies were always
there,real homemade banana pudding(not the jello version), you name it
cakes, candy and it wouldn't be Christmas without her potato candy. Oh
and my son's favorite was the pinch cake(monkey bread) that was made to
start the day!
Since she passed away a few years ago
Thanksgiving and Christmas just haven't been the same. The weekend
before Christmas was out annual big family gathering it was the one time
of year that we all put away our differences and acted like a real
family. We haven't done that since she passed away, she was the glue
that held us all together and without her we do not have a common bond.
I miss my Mom and my Dad and the Holidays are hard for me. I sometimes
close my eyes and think about those times and hear her laugh and smell
that wonderful smell that came from her kitchen.
Make some memories with your family this year, give them something to hold on to when you're gone!!
Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
One evening an old Cherokee Chef told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, ' My son, the battle is betwe...
No comments:
Post a Comment