Memories

Memories are the things that we hold near and dear to our hearts.  Some are good and some not so good.  The ones we cherish and those we want to forget.  Memories of my Mom and Dad are always very close in thought. 

My Mom was not just my Mom, she was my best friend and companion.  After my Dad passed away she lived with my oldest sister in the home that my Mom and Dad had bought.  She was not happy living with them so she renovated a storage building on the property into her a home.  Then several years later my brother-in-law and I had a few cross words and he told my Mom he didn't want to see me back up there and he was going to put a fence up between our two properties.  She called and ask me if she could move in with me and the kids.  I had been divorced for a couple of years so there was no one to consult, so I told her sure.  The next day when I got home from work she and my oldest son, who was all of 12 at the time had moved most of her stuff to my house in a wheelbarrow.  My house is where she lived until her mind started to play tricks on her (early stage Alzheimer).  Then my only brother moved her to my sister's house one weekend when I was at a karate clinic.  They didn't tell me for days where my mom was and wouldn't let me talk to her or see her for months.

Some of those things even though I have forgiven my siblings for there actions, jump out occasionally and I get angry all over again.  I can't help it!  May God forgive me for the way I feel.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy