1969 Ford Torino

It is amazing the little things that can trigger long forgotten memories.  I saw a post on Facebook that took me all the way  to high school.  I was one of the lucky ones to grow up with muscle cars when they were new.  When times were harder but easier.  There were no mass shootings at schools even though almost every car had a rifle or shotgun in it.   As a matter of fact on of the reasons I ran around with one of my friends was we both loved to hunt and we had the same caliber of rifle.  We even dated the same guy at the same time til we figured it out, then we made him take us out at the same time. I miss both of them! She moved back to Texas and he joined the Marines.  Her Dad is why I loved cars. He had a 55 Chevy that was awesome!  It had just the right sound and he could make it get rubber in all four gears!

Several  years later my husband traded for a '69 Torino GT,  I fell in love!! She had a 429 Cobra Jet engine with a holley 650 dual line double pump carb and she would fly.  My husband could make it bring the front wheels off the ground high enough to jump over an old time coke bottle. I out ran everything in two towns with the exception of one white and racing blue striped Shelby GT and we called it even.  That was because the local PD decided to chase us! He went after the Shelby, he didn't catch him either.  Then he went and told my husband if he didn't get rid of the car that his wife and son would wind up dead.  Yeah, I had my four year old son with me.  That might explain his love for fast cars too.  Today he owns a Mustang Saline. These days when Mama wants to go fast he takes me for a spin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Fall Is In The Air

Stubborn Car!