Life After Retirement

A work related injury forced me into early retirement in 2015.  It has been really hard to adjust. First it ruined my health then ruined my finances.  The adjustment from 600.00 dollars a week to 600.00 per month stinks!  Because of the delay in the settlement from the company I worked for I also had to file bankruptcy.  Life has been hard.  When they did finally settle it was just barley enough to cover paying off my house and car. I was able to put in a central air unit. I live in a mobile home so an air unit is mandatory! My car still needs repairs but my son has given me a better vehicle. My son and his family have been life savers in all this mess. I live one mile from him so we can help each other a lot.  My lawn mower died and I gave it to a boy to do some work around the house.  As usually he did half the work, got the mower and I haven't seen him since.  My son's mower has to have new blades before we can use it. My grass almost looks like a hay field.  I have a ton of repairs that need to be made before cold weather.  As we do those I will post them on my Backyard Critters blog.

I usually spend my days taking care of my granddaughter Charley aka Charlotte.  She is 5.  We play and she works on her tablet.  She can work the tablet better than I can. We work on the things she will need to go to school next year.  I will miss her.

On the dating front I have met someone and we are chatting.  Only time will tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Fall Is In The Air

Stubborn Car!