I Saw Steppenwolf In Nashville, Tennessee

It was the late 1970s when I saw Steppenwolf in Nashville, Tennessee. At that time there was only one club everybody went that had four bars, two dance floors and had the best music in Nashville. Not a lot of disco got played in that club but a good time was had by all whenever we went there. We would set the home security alarm (Securitychoice.com/) before a night out then wonder which childhood friends we would see there; later we would compare notes on whom we'd met. The one night that stands out in my memory at Finnegan's was the night Steppenwolf appeared.

We got off work that afternoon, sped home to doll ourselves up, raced back to town to the club and fought to be standing the closest to the stage. My friend Robyn was closest, the lucky thing, and she got the drummer's sticks when he threw them at her. Of course, she'd been flirting with him outrageously, but I envied her those drumsticks. We were dancing and singing to the greatest music from the 60s and early 70s by one of the greatest bands. I always thought it was a shame they were doing the club circuit instead of major arenas, but hey, good music is good music no matter where it's played. They looked the same, sounded the same, just great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Is In The Air

Hunting Season....Use Caution

Can I Call The Crows Daddy